Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm Back!!!

In the middle of nowhere, stopping for snacks
The Burj Dubai, tallest building in world. It's more than twice the size of the next highest, which I think is somewhere in Asia. It was actually kind of creepy. It seemed unnatural...
In the aquarium tube at the Dubai Mall 
Konan shredding the dunes
Burj Al Arab Hotel    

Well I'm back from a fantastic trip. It's great to be back. I cannot tell you how much we missed Kate! The next several posts will be documenting our three week long adventure.  So sorry in advance for the overload of pictures and info. 

After a long 14 hour flight we arrived in Dubai. I've always been fascinating with this modern city smack dab in Arabia, so I was thrilled to check it out. On the first day we went to Wild Wadi a water park right next to the amazing Burj Al Arab (sailboat hotel in the picture above.) I passed out while climbing the stairs to the top of water slide. I guess water and food are really important in 110 degrees weather? I'd been so busy I forgotten to eat or drink much. 

The next morning we were picked for our desert safari. Which included sand boarding and dune bashing. Wow, I'm glad the car had roll bars! Sandboarding had potential to be so fun if the sand didn't burn my feet off. Konan gave it good try though. 

Beyond that we spent time at some largest malls in the world which included an indoor snow hill, aquarium, ice rink, and more shops than you can even imagine. At times I would forget I was on other side of the world and then would look around and see women covered head to toe in black robs and the men in white. Overall a great kick off to our trip. See you next post in Istanbul! 

3 comments:

Camie said...

wow...that pretty much leaves me breathless!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Ilove hearing about all your adventures, I just wish I was on them too:) We need to see more pics though!!

The Morrisons... said...

Jealous! Next time, pack me in your suitcase. Sounds so fun.